Presentation of a poster provides an opportunity for effective one-to-one communication. The longer presentation time of the poster session enables you to present a more in-depth description and discussion of your work.
To make a successful poster presentation:
1. Put your poster up at least 1/2 hour prior to the start of the poster session.
2. Your poster must correspond to the title and content of the abstract you submitted.
3. Your poster must be designed to fit within the confines of a 250 cm high x 100 cm wide posterboard, and consist of materials that can be mounted easily with push pins. The recommended dimensions are 120 cm high and 90 cm wide (47” x 35”).
4. Plan your poster to be in logical sequence, i.e. introduction, study design and methods, data collected, conclusion.
5. To ensure visual effectiveness of your poster, use large lettering and a minimum of text.
6. Use of color can visually enhance your poster.
7. Remove your poster immediately at the close of the poster session.